Some myths for the modern age:
- Sleep isn’t important. Working is more important.
- 80 hours a week or you’re not going to succeed.
- Read everything. Stay up on everything.
- Follow this person. They’ll help you figure it out.
- Do what that person does. It’ll get you the same results.
- Quit your job and just do it.
- Working for yourself is the only way.
- Everyone’s an entrepreneur.
- Email is dead.
- Everything worth doing has already been done.
- You can do this, if you have the right formula.
- This system will get you the results you want.
There are thousands more myths, aren’t there? You could add some. Or you could set about deciding what is going to matter. And then, you could do. Something.
| Chris Brogan is an eleven year veteran of social media using both web and mobile technologies to build digital relationships for businesses, organizations, and individuals.